Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform Toolpath

Rekd™

Crazy,

I probably should have said this as well.

quote:

We do multiple setups all the time. I like to use the old NCI edit the best you can change your wcs in one click as well as transform or mirror, ect..... you can also use toolpath transferin the operations manager as well.

Tool paths Transform

1. Translate = Tool plane origin only

2. Method = Tool plane

3. Group NCI output by = operation type

4. Copy source operation

5. Disable posting in selected operation

6. Work offset numbering = assign new set= 1 & 1

Translate

1. X = 0

2. Y =0

3. Number of steps in X..Set to # of vises (translates)

works good for me

This is the way that I set it, except that we always have a 1 in X and 1 in Y. This will only put out 1 part until you change one of the numbers. We also get multiple programs for the same drill holes when stepping them out.

HTH

Glenn

Well I got brave today guys. I did a 105 operation this way for 4 vices and it is working like a champ. I did all of my operation for the one part got ti the way I liked then I saved it as the name4pcs and then did the transform and it is cutting 4 pieces at a time with about 16 hour run time looking very good so far and when I coem in to work tommorrow should have 4 complete set sitting there. I for Reference of those intrested are using a MPMASTER_FADAL Post with only about 4 changes which were swithes in the beginning and the Rgid Tap changed to support Format 1. When I coem in the morning that will be the test. Oh yeah for all you guys having trouble with your operators I did a backplat a verify and load the part the tools have it rapiding at 100% and hit the green button and walked away from it not scared in the least. Now if I can keep night shift from turning off my freaking breaker then I might be allright !@$@#%@#$%#$^$$#@$@$#$@#~$#$@!$@##!@#!@$@#@#! hate it when people dont read the freaking names on the brakers.

Crazy Millman

[ 10-29-2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]