Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

petro7

Not that I'm aware of.

Did you update the post yourself from X5 to X6 and now you want to go back? If so, are you entirely sure that the X5 post doesn't still reside on your system?

More details on the whole picture might allow us to give you a different solution.

Yes, you can do this, provided you did not make any "X6" specific changes. (parameter numbers sometimes change between versions)

To change the version, look at the very first line in the post. (make sure you back up your post first)

This first line contains the version number that mastercam is set to run with. "V15.0" would indicate X6. Change the "15" to "14", and that will alter the version number.

You should make any other version numbers ("M15.0") match as well.

Don't alter anything else on that line. You don't need to worry about copying the strange looking code. That is just a date/time stamp from when it was updated by Update Post.

thank guys. colin I will try your way. Thad I have a new hurco which came with an x6 post, but I only have x5 that is why I would like to back date, this is just until I update to x8. I just have so much work to get done I don't want the learning curve right now with the update to x8.

I've done this successfully on many different post processors. As long as you haven't added a bunch of custom Parameter read functionality, it literally takes less than a minute to try it out.

I would recommend against doing this with any of the MPMaster or MPLMaster based posts, as these posts do make use of a bunch of parameter read logic.