Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Whats wrong with solid extrude in X8?

bogusmill

I have a solid I'm trying to put bolt holes in but MC won't do it. I created the arc on the bottom surface, then chose extrude solids,single chain then selected the circle and I get an arrow pointing down into the solid. In the solid extrude window and select cut body, in the chains window I select chain 1 (the only one) set distance to 1.000 in. press the green check box and there's no hole,why?

I can create a new body and I can make the new body go both directions. I just tried going the other direction which used to be if the arrow pointed one way you clicked the highlighted geometry and the arrow would point the other way or you could check a box labeled reverse direction. I have no reverse direction box and my geometry has a little ball and when I clicked the highlighted geometry the direction stayed the same but the little ball followed my cursor around at perpendicular angle.

I have Moldplus Catia converter, Verisurf tools and the part file was a Catia conversion.

Soliderror.jpg