Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPFADAL2.pst

MetalMarvels

I was editing the latest version of the MPFADAL2 post (dated 5/28/03) for my specific FADAL when I noticed that the "spaces" switch wasn't working anymore in the posted code. I ended up editing out the "spaces = zero" lines in ptoolcomment, ptime, and psof and got back control of the spaces in the code output. However, I could not figure out how the "spaces" worked in the "older" post - it does, but I can't follow how it did it. It seems pretty evident in the newer post ("!spaces").

Another question that arose with the newest version of the MPFADAL2 post is that the Program Number always comes up as "O0000" now. It comes up as "O0001" with the last version. However, I can't find where the variable "progno" is set. I presume it is passed from MC, but where can I set the default to come up as #1 rather than 0?

Thanks!! biggrin.gif

Forgot to mention: I am using 9.1 SP2 with all the latest adds, etc.

[ 10-28-2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: MetalMarvels ]

Spaces are controlled by a switch towards the top of the post.. you have it set to 1?

code:

# General Output Settings

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

spaces : 1 #No. of spaces to add between fields

The program number is taken from the operations dialog box, first tab.

HTH

'Rekd

[ 10-28-2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Greg

The newer versions of some of the posts have this kind of thing going on

----------------------------

sav_spaces = spaces

spaces = zero

spaces = sav_spaces

-----------------------------

to remove spaces from some areas. Don't really get it; I end up removing this stuff half the time.

As far as the program number goes you should be able to set your MC Mill config file to default to '1'

C

[ 10-28-2003, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Rekd,

Using the newest version of the MPFADAL2 post (the one that came on the 9.1 SP2 system disk) - changing the spaces switch from 0 to 1 to any other number does not affect the number of spaces within the posted code.... This is the switch at the top of the post:

quote:

spaces : 1 #Number of spaces to add between fields

I had to comment out the:

quote:

spaces = zero

in the various places to get it working right.

I do usually set spaces to 0 for normal posting to delete all the spaces in my output code, but I like the spaces when in debug mode so that I can more easily read what is going on.... I am currently outputing with the debug on so that I can see where things are happening. I was just trying to figure out how the spaces thing actually worked. tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif my MC defaults changed (happens every time I update) and the default program number was zero again - keep forgeting that one..... I reset my default in the ops tab to #1 - all fixed on the prog number. biggrin.gif

If you would liek for all the fixture offset ot equal the number you put in the offset page find the pwcs in the post and take out the +1 it will make match to what you put in the toolplane page for the workoffsets. I would also have my dealer contact in-house to see fi you can get a copy of the MPMASTER_FADAL real good post also.

Look liek you sovled your other problem.

Crazy Millman day late and a dollar short on this one.

quote:

Gary teh never rewrite what already works.....

A good programmer is not measured by his/her ability to create working code. A good programmer is measured on their ability to get someone elses code to work in their own application.

wink.gif

'Rekd teh lernt more from 'borrowed' code snippits than from books

[ 10-28-2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Metal,

Just remove the (3) references to 'spaces' in the PTIME postblock.

code:

ptime           #Turn 24-hour time format into AM/PM format

# !spaces

# spaces = zero

if time >= 13, time2 = (time - 12)

else, time2 = time

hour = int(time2)

min = frac(time2)

*hour, ":", *min,

if time > 12, " PM"

else, " AM"

# spaces = prv_spaces

Well Metal I have been using it know for about 2 months and it freaking rocks and it gives me pretty much all I need ot give to my operator and let him go fro mthere I did modify one thine in the top fo the post here:

code:

%

O9999 (BACK1ST)

(MC9 FILE - C:2003_MC93501_MC9BODY 2ND.MC9)

(PROGRAM LOCATION - CNC_DELTANC_PROGRAMS3501_NCBACK1ST.NC)

(DATE - NOV-28-03)

(TIME - 13:36)

(T14 | 1" DIA VAL INSERTED | H14 | D14 | D1.0000" | R0.0312 | CONTOUR....)

G0G17G40G80G90

T14M6(1" DIA VAL INSERTED)

(MAX | Z.25)

(MIN | Z-.4719)

G0G90X-3.92Y-2.5875S10000M3

H14Z.25M8

G4 P2000

G8

I changed the location syntax to give where over the network where the NC files was and I also hard coded the G4 P2000 and the G8 to be at every toolchange verse the mir way in the MPMASTER_FADAL post as they had it. I also had to fix the Rigid tap for a fomrat one since that is what I run here but no big deal here is how it posts:

code:

T15M6( #4-40 TAPRH)

(MAX | Z.1)

(MIN | Z-.4)

G0G90X-2.88Y-.91S1000M3

S1000.2M5

G84.2

H15Z.1M8

G4 P2000

G8

G84.1G99X-2.88Y-.91Z-.4R0.1F1000.2Q.025

X-2.88Y.67F25.

X-1.Y2.96

X1.Y2.96

X2.88Y.67

X2.88Y-.91

X1.Y-3.2

X-1.Y-3.2

G80

G91G28Z0.

M02

It worked like a champ just did some 4-40 form threads like this no problem. If I can hel pyou just email me I will help you anyway I can or I cna put up my post mod on here if you like.

Crazy Millman