Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Brother from another Mother.Post

Incogneeto

Hi guys, We have to brother tapping centers and with my laptop and pro comm I have been able to load and unload the

programs that were stored in the machine. So I checked with my reseller and they sent me a post for my new programs. That I make on Mastercam.

Well I can't get the machine to upload a file it just sits there blinking. Let me say I have changed extensions to match, checked to see if all was similar to

my normal files. even checked g and M codes to verify the same. Yes I checked % top and bottom. So basically I have two identical files and one will load and the other not.???? Any Ideas ??? And yes I'm trying to get another post from them.

Thanks Dave Oh P.S. post is for a 32BN mill and we have a tc32 and a tc324.

are you using the same program to send and receive the programs? if not are your comm setttings the same? they need to be set correctly for it to send at all. if your program sends but you get errors at the control or the machine puts out an error when you run it then your program needs fixing. but if it will not even send then it is a setting issue in your communication program.

Hi Thanks for responding. I can send and recieve any files that are currently in the machine. No Problems. But any other file is a No. We have three Brothers just got a tc-31 in today. All of the files are Identical as far as I can tell BUT they are not interchangeable to each other Machine ??? So I'm getting comm cause I can delete ,send replace no Prob as long as it was current in that machine.???

are you using the same program to send and receive the programs? if not are your comm setttings the same? they need to be set correctly for it to send at all. if your program sends but you get errors at the control or the machine puts out an error when you run it then your program needs fixing. but if it will not even send then it is a setting issue in your communication program.

All great stuff from you guy's. This Brother takes 2 % one top one bottom. And Joe I checked all file extensions and even the hidden ones. One thing I just noticed and I don't Know if it would cause a problem But one is set to load and unload at E-7-2 and this one at E-7-1. I don't know if that would cause a slight change in the file. And I also did file compare on Cimco and they match step for step. These files actually don't have an extension they are just called files. It won't let me attach either file or I would show you.