Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Frustrated with new tool manager Assembly

pip

I have 2 machines to set up tool assemblies, with the new tool manager software in mastercam x8.

I have created all the assemblies for my 8mm shaft tools, and my 4mm shaft tools, but it will just not let me create any tool assemblies with 6 mm shafts.

I have created my 3 types of holders for both machines in 2 tooldb files. All my tools are also created.

When I try to create an assembly with drag and drop, all tools worked except for any tool with a 6mm shaft.

I changed the tool to an 8mm shaft and added to an 8mm ID Holder, and it worked perfect. set the 2 back to 6mm shaft, and wont accept the tool in the holder.

No error messages. Just wont let me do it.. Anyone else having problems.

Thanks guys

Ya, I'm seeing something weird.

New computer, new install of MX8

Defined a tap in the tool manager, clicked finish. Then set the rest of the parameters.

Posted program came out with different parameters for the tool.

I looked back at the parameters on the tool page. It was wrong. Opened up the tool. It was correct.

Re- clicked finish on the tool manager, and the tool was now correct, and posted correct.

I'm trying to repeat this. It seems it only happed on the tap.

Looking to see if it was a mouse click gone wrong.

Machineguy

After defining a tap, I go back to the parameter page and see the feed and speeds wont update on the tool page. If I go to the cut parameters page and set it as a tap, then go back to the tool page I have to click on the  defined tap , then the feeds and speeds change for that tap.

What's the deal ?

Anybody else see this?

Machineguy

Hi Pip.

If you send that tooldb and the exact steps you took to make it fail, to [email protected], attention Rob, I can take a look at it for you and see why you can't get that tool into the assembly.

Machineguy, We are working on the feed and speed issue for taps as we speak.
Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA for which release it will be in.

Robert Peirolo | Quality Control
CNC Software, Inc. | 671 Old Post Road | Tolland, CT 06084 | USA
Phone: 860.875.5006 | Fax: 860.872.1565 |
www.mastercam.com

• 2 months later...

I think I have resolved the problem. If the tool is the very bottom of the list, it will not let you drag and drop.. Only happens when the tool is the very last in the tool list..

I just get the list number reversed then it works.

Thank you for that!!! I've been throwing things for the last half hour!!!  The funny thing is......it was also a  6mm tool and 6 mm shrinkfit holder ;)

The list shuffle fixed it. I would load the holder and when I dragged the tool down it would just show a little square box instead of box with + .

I yelled some nasty things at my screen today : /

Thank you for that!!! I've been throwing things for the last half hour!!!  The funny thing is......it was also a  6mm tool and 6 mm shrinkfit holder ;)

The list shuffle fixed it. I would load the holder and when I dragged the tool down it would just show a little square box instead of box with + .

I yelled some nasty things at my screen today : /

I was sick of this too, so I made a blank tool and set it to tool 500 so it stays at the bottom.