Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High Speed Machining 5-axis

good morning everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to do the high speed machining toolpaths for the 5 axis we have but I just cant seem to get it down, is there a book or any pdf files I can download in order to understand how to program the toolpaths?

thank you

Well seeing how Mastercam doesn't have High Speed Machining for 5 axis not sure who you are going to get that to work. They have 3 Axis toolpaths that can be converted into 5 axis and some other methods, but that is a very complex and deep subject you have asked about. I have spent 8 to 16 weeks with some of our customers going over this on site. The type of 5 axis Machine you have, the material you are cutting, work holding, tooling and many other things come into play, not just the CAM program you are using to go about this. If I go into a company and they are not doing the basics correctly then we will cover all of that before even starting on 5 Axis Machining methods.

Here is an article about what I did when I was an independent person. Now working for a consulting company we offer so much more.

Right now we have a 10 week backlog and have customers looking to book 16 and 20 weeks out for our services.

Edited by 5th Axis Consulting