Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Control Def. issue

littlerob

Question, I cannot post complete 360° arcs, they are all segmented into 90° quadrants, and it leaves a witness, normally no biggie a little hand work and it is dealt with.  But it is really irritating me, I have changed all the arc settings back and forth with different combinations in the control def., IE allow 360°, break arcs @ 180° and whatever else, nothing changes with the code being output.  So rather than get behind the processor AGAIN and forcing it in, I thought I would ask you guys/gals if I were just missing something stupid.  The control will handle it (Fansuc OI mate) I know because I manually wrote the G-code and it was fine.  Thanks, Robert

EDIT version X8 Mill level 3---sorry

Is machine backlash an option?

Are you going directly to the control def? Settings, control def?

If so your changes wont be active until you restart mcam. 

You can get around this by making your control def changes via the machine def....

settings

machine def

control def icon at the top. (looks like a machine control  with a green and a red button)

make your changes, hit the save icon before exiting the control def. 

hit the save icon before exiting the machine def

click yes when it asks you about replacing......

If that doesn't do it, there is a setting in your post that is overriding the control def settings. 

@Tyler yes the machine will do it, I can hand code it fine.

@K2 I access the control def through the machine def, make changes and save, save, save on my way out.  I was already suspect that it was being forced out in the post, I just hate spending the time back there, my head starts to hurt looking at all that code, but if I gotta do it I gotta do it.  Funny the management doesn't understand though when the machinist is modifying code.  Thanks for all the input, Robert