Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cannot export toolpath operations with X8

VINK

We have a job that we have been doing 2-3 times a year for the past 10 years. It is a series of plates with holes in various locations so it really helps to just import an ops file assign points, post and go. That what I have done for this job since version 9. The last time I saved this ops file was in X6 and even use that same file today with X8.

My problem is that we finally needed to add one additional toolpath and when I went to export the operations to (shared mcamx8 / mill / Ops) it just doesn't show up. Am I missing something here? I even drug over the old Mastercam X6 Operations File from its old folder but X8 won't write to it.

Thanks in advance for the help

I am the admin to this system. Folder was set to "read only" but it turns out the old X6 ops folder was also set to "read only" and I was able to export to it.

I gave it another go just and it exported this time. Not sure what I did different but I'll chalk it up to not having enough coffee earlier.

Thanks for the input