Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 No parasolid data in SolidWorks file

Moldmaker74

I searched through the forum before posting this question as I know this problem has come up before.

We had to replace a hard drive in one of our computers and after reinstalling X6, we can't open up native SW 2012 x64 files.

I found this post pertaining to running a batch file but had little success as I couldn't figure out how to change it to work with X6 instead of X7

http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/74035-x7-cannot-find-parasolid-data-in-solidworks-file-error/?hl=swdocumentmgr.dll#entry870157

Also tried this but got an execution error after typing in regsvr32 SWDocumentMgr.DLL

Open command prompt by clicking Start -> Run and type:
cmd[enter]

then change directory by typing:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\mcamx6\common\SWORKSDATA"

Then run this command:

regsvr32 SWDocumentMgr.DLL

Am I missing something really simple here??

From this thread:

http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/78793-x8-cannont-find-parasolid-data/?hl=%2Bparasolid+%2Bdata+%2Bsolidworks+%2Bfile

I typed

• Select "Start"
  • In the search line type CMD but do not click enter
  • Instead right click on CMD.exe and select "Run as administrator"
  • This will open a command prompt that says Administrator on the title bar
  • Next type the following string, don't forget the " " around the path:
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\regsvr32.exe "C:\program Files\mcamx7\common\sworksdata\swdocumentmgr.dll"
  • Press enter and verify you get a succeeded message

I did get a succeed message but no luck opening the SW file yet.

After some monkeying around, I am noticing that I can now open a SW file but only if there is a preview thumbnail next to it in the source folder instead of the standard SW part icon.

To get the thumbnail, I have to open the part from the assembly and save the part file individually in Solidworks first.  Seems like there should be a better way.