Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

parameters window will not open - new toolpath or existing

cnclkm

While programming surface toolpaths I had an issue with a UPS (seems it was too small for the system) and the computer was powered off with Mastercam open. Upon reopening Mastercam I can no longer open the parameters for toolpaths, new operations or existing, simple or complex does not make a difference. Rebooted, deleted config file, updated to most current release of X8 U3 and no difference. 

I can open same files on other computers and they work fine, so the issue is with the system not the files.

Any ideas? I have not called my retailer yet, but plan to do so after lunch and if I have a solution I will share it here. This occurred last night right before I went home so I have been using another system in the meantime. The offending system seems to be able to do everything else but toolpaths.

Mcamx8

Xeon X5450 3.00GHz 2 processors

52.0 GB Ram

64-bit OS Windows 7 Professional

• Toolpaths manager is there and docked, but the parameters for individual toolpath operations are not available. Tried turning toolpaths manager on and off anyway, but to no avail. Still have not had a window of time to call support, will hopefully have opportunity do that shortly.

Yes I changed machine type, but no change.

Probably going to have to reinstall the software, but we don't have a disk copy nor did they save it to our network when the reseller came on site to install X8, which he normally does.

I will call for support and then likely have to reinstall, then I will update the forum.

Thanks for the input.

Heard back from supplier and we removed mastercam from registry and launched mastercam, problem resolved. Figured it was a registry issue once the reinstall did not work, but I figured I would let them  play in the registry. I think deleting mastercam from the registry is a common issue as they have instructions readily available.

Heard back from supplier and we removed mastercam from registry and launched mastercam, problem resolved. Figured it was a registry issue once the reinstall did not work, but I figured I would let them  play in the registry. I think deleting mastercam from the registry is a common issue as they have instructions readily available.

It's not in that it happens that often, it's that instructions MUST be VERY specific, otherwise you can screw up the registry and the computer will then not run and then need a complete rebuild of the software

Registry screw ups "can" be that bad