Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D Wireframes and Solids Learning Resources?

ManWithNoName

Man my head is swimming. I'm still very new and currently attending a company sponsored class BUT just getting my brain around how to create models that are "USEABLE" for tool paths is more daunting than I anticipated. There's so many ways to do one thing; by the time I think I've got one absorbed another method is presented and brain fade kicks in.

I've got X8HLE installed at home but, "if ya don't know how to get there from here"...it's difficult.... for me at least.

Any hot tips for tutorials and/or resources for just practicing Wire frames and Solids.

(I ordered eMastercam X8 Tutorial Bundle, but apparently they've been shipped on the back of a tortoise)

• Like 2

A while back, I uploaded a bunch of practice prints to the FTP in the Drawings folder. They're called mill1, mill2, lathe1, lathe2, etc. They are dimensioned prints that you can create wireframe from. When you get comfortable with that, make solids from them. When you get comfortable with that, program them.

Thanks so much. I apologize for not scouring the resources before asking a probably "well answered" question. My brain was close to a melt down last night.

:geek:

There is a ton of stuff you are going to learn along the way,   don't get discouraged.  If I can learn this and make a living at it,    anyone can. :cheers:

• Like 1