Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

KIWA Horizontal g05.1 issues?

My work purchased, a Kiwa KH 55 a month or so ago. Having an issue with programs we have ran in other machines. Most noticeable is the deburr tool cutting a small 30 degree line into the corner of parts that have a small radii on them. Instead of following the contour. Have tried using G5.1 q1 with r values and without r values. Parts come off fine on Robodrills. Any suggestions?

If G05.1 is active (flashing on the screen) and it's not doing what you want, in the first instance I'd phone the tech help to see what R value or M code etc the machine needs.

If it's like our machines and just plainly not set-up, then its out with the yellow books and start parameter tuning...

Where's your G54?

On our FANUC machines we train To format as follows;

TxM6

Tx(stage tool)

(Coolant on)

High Speed On

G54(you know the rest)

G43(you know the rest)

(Program here)

High Speed off

G49G53Z0(coolant off)

Breakage Cycle

M1

Was a variety of acceleration and deceleration parameters. Seems to be fixed on sample cuts, running part now.

Its a brand new machine.

MP master post

N101
T101 M06 (1/2 DIA. 3 FLUTE ENDMILL  0.625 LOC.)
(MAX - Z1.)
(MIN - Z-.185)
G00 G17 G90 G54.1 P7 X5.0001 Y3.7091 S14000 M03
G49
G94
G05.1 Q1
G43 H101 Z1. M08M13M15 T108
Z.28

Z-.13
G00 Z.1 M09M14M16
G05.1 Q0
M05
G91 G28 Z0.
M01

As it's a new machine, what has the installation guys/company said?

What control?

Was it any of these parameters:-

1768 (Time constant for Acc/dec AFTER interpolation)
1771 (Time constant for Acc/dec BEFORE interpolation)
1769 (Additional time constant for Acc/dec After interpolation)

On our machines (0imC) it was 1768 and 1771.

On our 0imD machines (both Chevalier and Feeler) they are set real well out of the box and we never touched anything. But the D is a cut-down version of the Robodrill 30 control so I guess it should be better...

Installer has tried everything he knows, emails to the factory have been sent. Its a Fanuc 31i, I just snapped some pictures of it with a usb microscope. Going to try and upload if I have time tonight. Will try moving the G05.1 as well, but if AICC is blinking, doesn't that indicate its being turned on correctly?

There's a parameter on the 31 to turn AICC on automatically and it just runs whether you call it via G05.1 or not for reference.

I think it ignores it for drilling cycles though.

Is the installer 'big'? Is there anyone else he can talk with? The factory 'should' know but???

1768, 1769, and 1771 I had to change on our Matsuura to get the surface finish on floors to come out correctly, on a 16i. On a 31i ,1768 and 1771 are not present. We buy from a dealer who deals with a larger dealer....the larger dealer has been emailed as well. Just trying to get this thing making good parts as fast as possible. Hopefully tomorrow some emails get answered.