Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CC on an arc

RobRick

Ok i know this one may be out there but with the new machines I figured I would ask. Is the a way to engage cutter comp and disengage on an arc with the Okuma MB 4000 H. I have heard that there are machines that have a setting that will allow this. Most of my issues are coming out of a op disengaging CC on a arc coming off of an arc or sometimes going into using tangent

lead in, out to reduce the bite mark  . BTW the machine is a 2014.And yes I am aware of the rule of thumb of CC can only be engaged on a linieal ( or how ever the heck you spell it lol) move.

You still can do perpendicular with an arc on the entry and exit, just put like a 20% arc @ say 90 deg.  do a small perpendicular entry and exit like 20 or 30% and your comp will work