Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Cincy Macro

steve f

Hi,

For all you cincinnati users out there who occasionally program in macros on the Acramatic 2100 I thought I'd post this sample program I wrote for anyone interested in using it as well as to get some feedback on improvements (kill two birds with one stone).

I used this program to reverse engineer the top face of a part that had a curving 3D surface. The program uses a manual indicator with a pointed tip in the spindle and is run in a semi-manual fashion. When the indicator tip has been positioned at the start point it is moved down manually until it reads zero, the cycle is started is, the control captures the x,y,z coordinates, writes them to an asci text file on a 3.5" floppy and moves the table to the next position in preparation for the next set of coordinates.

Once all the coordinates were written to file, I imported them into Mastercam and used the grid of points to create a bunch of coons patch surfaces.

The problems with this program at present are:

-the coordinates are written to the file as a group of 12 identical coordinates which isn't a big deal since it only requires to delete all duplicate points after importing into mcam. The program is supposed to append one set of coordinates after the previous set in the file (the machine manual says so anyway) but I can't seem to get that part to work.

-the logic isn't complete (no time lately) to cycle through a complete x,y grid. It will only capture points in a line on the y axis and the steopover to the next line in x needs to be done manually.

Anyway, here's the program. I'm open to any criticism/suggestions you may have.

;POINT GRID AQUISITION PROGRAM FOR REVERSE ENGINEERING

;X0=LH SIDE

;Y0=FRONT SIDE

;Z0=HIGHEST POINT ON PART

;TOOLS

;T17=INDICATOR MOUNTED IN HOLDER

;***LOAD TOOL MANUALLY INTO SPINDLE FIRST***

;**MOVE PROBE TO Z POSITION AND PRESS CYCLE START**

G17G40G70G90G94G97

G80

;SELECT VARIABLE VALUES

[#LEN]=1 ;PART LENGTH (X AXIS)

[#WID]=.5 ;PART WIDTH (Y AXIS)

[#P_LEN]=.05 ;STEPOVER AMOUNT & DIRECTION ALONG LENGTH

[#P_WID]=.05 ;STEPOVER AMOUNT & DIRECTION ALONG WIDTH

/(CLS,"START")

[#STEP]=[#P_WID]

(FIL,="A:CAPTURE300.DAT"F1)

;(DO)

(DAI,A110 B210 C310 T1 S1="REV ENG TEST")

M34

M35

(DAS)

G90G0Z1.

G91Y[#STEP]

;[#STEP]=[#STEP]+[#P_WID]

;(LOOP WHILE [#STEP]LE[#WID])

M2

(DFS,"START")

M26

T17M6

G0G90X0.1Y0.Z1.

M2

(ENS)

steve

...all clearer explanation,

quote:

-the coordinates are written to the file as a group of 12 identical coordinates which isn't a big deal since it only requires to delete all duplicate points after importing into mcam. The program is supposed to append one set of coordinates after the previous set in the file (the machine manual says so anyway) but I can't seem to get that part to work.

The coordinates for one postition are written as a batch of 12 identical points appended to each other. The next position is written as a batch of 12 coordinates appended to the previous batch and so on.

steve

• 2 months later...