Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Holders X9

Let's just say it's a good thing I keep my hair short....can you help a brother out  :)

I've done this before but I am missing something. I am trying to define a new holder via the tool manager

I have the profile defined, been all trimmed and checked for overlapping entities

2015-07-08_9-58-03_zps1fu2lrl5.jpg

Go into the X9 Tool Manager and try use use custom file, I have it saved as a dxf as that is the only format that you can use, and I keep getting this

2015-07-08_9-58-30_zps3dcgvs3i.jpg

I'll attach the cleaned up X9 profile that I save to dxf....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u932w1fv7frm8na/50-720-16.mcx-9?dl=0

Thoughts?

The DXF format requirement follows a strict standard. Certain things need to be on certain levels, etc... You may want to ping Pete Rimkis. He seems to be the file format guru these days. This is why I build the holders in the ops... Less hair pulling. :D

Is your geometry closed and do you need to name your layer a specific name?  I've never built a holder but have done lots of custom tools using the DXF system of creating them.  I'm sure you know but for tools the geometry has to be closed and there needs to be a CUT and NOCUT layer.  I'm not sure about the rules of creating a holder though.

name your level NoCut. Just a shot in the dark.

Tried that  :)

I sent it off to Pete.......once I know what I am doing wrong I'll share it up so others with the same issue can find an answer