Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Offsets and posting for multiple

chad fisher

When i want to post for multiple offsets i use the transform function when i am done with all the programming to get G54, G55, G56, ect, ect, Browsing threw this site i found this

http://www.emastercam.com/posts/mpsubrep/mpsubrep.html

What would be the advantage of using the misc. values

in every opperation verse what i am doing now with the transform? Is it because the ability to post subs?

[ 11-19-2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: chad fisher ]

chad

we use that subrep .pst we programe 1 part run on the machine make any changes if needed then in the first op ONLY set in misc int the values needed for the number of parts and walah its set up for the job and yes the sub out put is nice not alot of code ive never really done this in the transform function way so im not to sure of the advantage or disadvantage but in closing that subrep pst works great for us and our haas machines

I think i understand what you are saying. I downloaded it into my mcam folder. We run Haas's also. So what do you actually type into the misc values? And was any particular post you use? I use a haas post that reseller set up for a years ago.

The only problem i have with using transform is that if you have 3 operations that use the same tool it will jump to G54 to G55 and back again following the opperations instead of completing all oppps on that offset. Does your way prevent this. Sorry for all the questions I am sort of really in the dark on this. Out of the six that program/run the machines i am the only one who will try to multiples. Most of the time we are 1 or 2 piece orders but when longer running jobs come in it nice to be able to post this way.

Thanks

quote:

And was any particular post you use? I use a haas post that reseller set up for a years ago.

the mpsubrep is the post ..out of the box it will run your haas with basic drilling and such but will out put m98 nonlocal subs we edited it for m97 local sub callout and for peck drilling and some other goodies but for multi parts we like this post