Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C Axis Programming

samgalliart

Right now I am working on a project where I am using a blade mounted in the CNC that is fixed to the C axis.  What I am doing is trying to use the C axis to rotate my blade as I travel along a contour to cut out different shapes in veneer, vinyls, etc.  My question, is there a way that I can output code in a way that always keeps the C Axis on a tangent to whatever contour I am following? Is this something that I can do within MasterCam itself, or will it require modification to the post?

Right now I am working on a project where I am using a blade mounted in the CNC that is fixed to the C axis.  What I am doing is trying to use the C axis to rotate my blade as I travel along a contour to cut out different shapes in veneer, vinyls, etc.  My question, is there a way that I can output code in a way that always keeps the C Axis on a tangent to whatever contour I am following? Is this something that I can do within MasterCam itself, or will it require modification to the post?

With a code I would say not that I am aware of. It will really come down to the how you program it and not let a code control it. If you start forcing codes to lock things you are asking for a lot of trouble IMHO. Multi axis machining is just that and you need to break it down to basics. Use a code to keep it in a position you have not accounted for in your programming process is asking for scrap. Control the process and understand the process and the process will yield the results you are looking for. Start forcing things without having them accounted for is not a good approach.

Yes this is something you can easily do in Mastercam, but would need something to look at to see what you are seeing.

HTH(Hope that Helps)

so this machine has a "C" axis indexer on the table where on the part is mounted??

I wonder if it is actually setup like an A or B. If so, it seems like there should be a router post available the could be tweaked slightly.