Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Circle Milling

Brian Pallas

I want to helix into a bore, rough it leaving .010 per side and .010 on depth, then helix to depth and leave .020 per side while it is finishing the depth, and then stay in the bore and finish it.  To me that would mean three different toolpaths and manual editing the code.  Is there a way to get this to happen that won't need manual editing?

Also if I use circle mill you always get the victory lap that I don't want on each operation, but using pocket milling for some reason it is turning cutter comp on with the arc move even though the lead in/lead outs are set to tangent with an arc?  Why does it do the victory lap if you only have roughing selected on circle milling?  I have never understood that one.

I am sure someone has a trick or two up their sleeve to get this to work for production machining?

Allright, I actually got it working just like I want it to with pocket milling, but I can't use any cutter comp, otherwise it wants to put the G41 on my finish arc move.  I had to set the feed plane and retract plane to incremental 0 use to get the tool to stay down.   I guess technically I could get away with not having it use cutter comp, but it seems like I should be able to get it to work, but I can't figure it out yet.  Any ideas?

Nevermind, I got it.  The lead in/out was to big for the bore.