Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

load workspace

cherokeechief79

im using a computer we haven't used since vo tec school ended last year.im not sure if one of the students messed with anything or not but when I fire up mc x8 it opens the way im used too with design as the default but there are no toolbars at all at the top.

I have to go to settings ,load workspace and select something to get any toolbars at all.

is there something wrong?once I close mc I have to do it all over again too.

I would reinstall X8.  Probably got corrupted somehow.  Or you could contact CNC Software and ask them to give you all of the workspace files for X8.  I did that once with the default tool library for X8 and they sent it to me no questions asked.  Either way, backup your files once you get it fixed,  this will save you the hassle of having to reload Mastercam all over again.  HTH

Wasn't this issue addressed in one of the updates? Does your X8 have the latest release?

no,

we haven't installed any updates.

unfortunately that's up to out IT dept.

I will have to look into it.

could it have somehow changed on its own?

it worked fine the end of last year.

even just to reload x8 ive got to have them come down and do it and there are ALWAYS problems.