Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating Custom Mill Tools and Holders in X8

Rotary Ninja

I used to consider myself very good at creating custom tools in X6 and even X7. But I can't get anything to work in X8. I keep getting errors when trying to import custom geometry from a file. Then when I finally get it to work it says it will not show the correct tool geometry when backplotting and verify. Is there somewhere I can find help on this subject?

Thanks.

For the tools you can go 'Classic' or the 'Dxf' style.

See the PDF, (stolen from an other thread)

custom_mill_tools.pdf

I like the DXF style, less issues to transfer to the next version.

For the Holders there is a nice tool in the X+ addon

http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/77325-easter-egg-from-gmccs-x-holder-support/?hl=%2Beaster+%2Bholder

JParis, I actually did a tutorial on here a long time to draw a custom tool the same way as your video in your blog. I am trying the DXF method. Are there any other benefits to using the DXF method other than being compatible with newer versions of MasterCam?

BTW, love the accent buddy! Are you a gangster?

JParis, I actually did a tutorial on here a long time to draw a custom tool the same way as your video in your blog. I am trying the DXF method. Are there any other benefits to using the DXF method other than being compatible with newer versions of MasterCam?

BTW, love the accent buddy! Are you a gangster?

I use the dxf method for holders at this time......I supposed if they for some reason decide the old way will go away, I'd switch then but at this time, since I keep tools and holders seprate and only build assemblies as I need them, I'll stick to what I am doing.

As far as the accent, I could tell you but then I might have to kill you  ;)