Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

remove steps

Hello,

Can I eliminate steps from the middle customizing the postprocessor?

ex:

From

G0 Z4.

G1 X100.9 F.14 M8

G1 X60.033

G1 X46.617

G1 X22.545

G2 X-2.4 Z5. R78.284

To

G0 Z4.

G1 X22.545 F.14 M8

G2 X-2.4 Z5. R78.284

Thank you

I don't think you would want to have the post do this. You would want your operation process to control how much output you are getting. You start telling a post to strip things out of a post and you run the risk of scrapping parts. Let the process support the method and let the method support the process. You start adjusting the post to fix a bad method then you risk killing the tried trued proven process. Might try posting some more information to help someone see you operation, your post and other things. Mastercam has a .z2g that will make a zip file with all this information it is up to the programmer to make sure they pick all the correct information they want to share. You can find that under help it is called Zip2Go.

Here are some screen shots to give you an idea how to go about it.

post-5783-0-57709100-1444401390_thumb.png

post-5783-0-73209000-1444401528_thumb.png

Generally the reason you see broken, straight-line moves like that is because the geometry you chained is broken into segments. If you have a straight line that is made from three, individual entities, Mastercam will post a point at each entity end.

In Mastercam Lathe, there is a filter that will see that this is one line and join it. However, I do not think there is a filter like that in Mill. The arc filter will not join the line together.

I agree with Ron that trying to modify your post to skip these lines is asking for disaster, as it may end up skipping things you did not intend for it to skip.

If possible, modify your geometry so it is a single entity.

This makes no difference at the machine tho. Unless your machine is stopping at every point in which case you need to have G64 added to your post for paths you want to have smooth motion. If it is for program size you need to do it with toolpath and geometry.

I have several different programming styles as I'm sure every one else does. I have my "old machine=small program" style in which I draw geometry to minimize program size and take other measures to reduce program size.

Just curious, why do you want to remove the lines? Program size? Many times the why will help you get information more than the what.