Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

shading toggle

tmachine

I have recently used Brian's chook to toggle translucent on and off when shading is active. I have it assigned to F12. Love it. Thank you Brian.

I would really like to see a toggle that cycles from shaded, translucent, Hidden lines and Hidden lines shown dimmed and dashed.

Can a VBS script handle something like this so that each time the key is pressed it cycles to the next display method?

I find myself going back and forth between them when designing stuff. Brian' chook has helped alot, but changing the others is cumbersome.

Also, what books if any would help me learn VBS for MC use?

Thanks for any input!

Just a note, you can shade translucent/solid without that chook. I believe it is built into Mastercam v9.1.

If you look in your configuration until toolbar/keys, there is a translucent shading toggle. Mine is set to ALT-S (I don't remember if that is default or if I changed it).

Thanks Matthew, yes that turns shading on and off, but does not control translucent unless it is already turned on of course. Instead of going back and forth between shaded and unshaded, I was interested in having it go from shaded to translucent to unshaded with hidden lines and then to hidden lines dashed. These can be changed by Screen/Surf Disp/Solids/Hidden/Show Hidden Lines/Show Dimmed, but that is a lot of menu clicks for something that I change alot.

I was thinking of making this a VBS learning project, but not even sure if it can be done.