Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam keeps automatically saving NCI File

Johnny

For some reason Mastercam keeps on saving the NCI file once I have created an operation. I might be analyzing the results by zooming in and out and looking at the toolpath in different views etc Then WAMO! everything stops while the NCI is saved yet again. On small toolpaths this is not a problem but on large toolpaths it is because it holds the computer up for a considerable amount of time while it writes to the disk.

Is there a way this can be turned off or is it just the way the software works. BTW I save my backup file automatically every 5 minutes which has saved my bacon on many occasions. Would this be something to do with it?

Any help much appreciated

Regards

Thanks for your tips Crazy Millman

I have my NCI path settings the same as yours but I save my backup file at a 2 minute interval. From what I am seeing that makes no difference to the problem I am having.

I'll change by backup file interval and see if it makes a difference.

quote:

BTW I save my backup file automatically every 5 minutes which has saved my bacon on many occasions. Would this be something to do with it?

Absolutely. It's doing exactly what you told it to do, which is automaticly save the file every 5 minutes, which includes the nci . I don't see any way around this (I don't think) besides turning autosave off, and I wouldnt advise it if there was since the autosave is as good as off if you're not saving the nci's with the file.

[ 12-17-2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Zero ]

I've come to the conclusion that it is the frequent autosave that is giving me this problem.

I turned off autosave and it wasn't happening anymore. But I want to continue using the autosave like I do so I'll live with it.

Thanks for your input guys

Merry Christmas from the land downunder

No problem John. I wish I can see you problem on my end. I do thing a little different maybe I will create say 8 or 10 groups and then in each group I may have 5 to 20 operations. I will then in each group save the NCI for what I have named each group. Like group one Might be 1st_op then all the operation save to that. I found I have tiem where I can get ahead on the programming so I will program all the ops for a part and then post them all out at once like this is will post sya 5 program will all the correct names I called ofr in each group. I also do a mulit-post this way with a NC program, MAX-MIN TXT, and a HTML Set-up Sheet. It is really cool tp just point and shoot. I do the autosave about every 10 mintues with a save after each operation that way if I do get the crash I got the last thing I did. Suck on big parts but hate losing half days work the other way.

Crazy Millman