Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setup Sheets with Varco Reporting

bobwiss59

Check out Varco Reports for MasterCam.  It really takes the work out of setup sheets and is well worth taking a look at.  This will reduce your time in providing professional setup sheets and also allow you to quickly check your program for problems. 

“I remember how excited I was to see the initial unveiling of your Varco Reports template for MasterCam Setup Sheets on July 28, 2015. After proving it by using it successfully on the shop floor I am very pleased, especially since it is accessed from within MasterCam. The ability to have a myriad of choices as to what information and pictures are presented in the Setup Sheet in addition to having three main sub formats appeals to a variety of MasterCam users.  Being able to quickly switch from one company logo to another is perfect for a corporate user or a contract programming house.  Having an on/off switchable footer at the bottom of each page completely  satisfies  the need for form and revision control for the various certification requirements in the industry. The special instructions feature is especially attractive for shops that wish to include additional multiple pages of charts or information into their Setup Sheet.  Being able to quickly check for properly numbered tool length offsets, work offsets, and cooling status within the program proofing sub format by reading the red warning notes is superb.

I am really impressed with the professional presentation it offers and of the ease of use.  This is a must have enhancement for every MasterCam user.”

www.varcoreporting.com

Can it save in MSWord format with no loss of data or formatting?

Yes it can, the export is saved as a Rich Text (RTF) format.

Why would you need to convert the Setup Sheet to Word format? Two of the options for this report is it can read in and add to the Setup Sheet an existing TEXT or RTF file, typically used for programmer instructions to the shop staff. Photos can also be easily added to the report.

If it's running off active reports, the format from RTF to word looses itself. We gave up and save in PDF and use Nitro to edit - it's the closest thing to perfection, but still not quite...

And why would you want to edit a set sheet - just little things like easily adding qty's of parts a roughing tool can make before needing to change it.

And you don't know that exact figure when you're in the office programming until the parts have been made.

A simple edit using word would make life so much easier.

And we have an enhancement request number in the works now where CNC are looking at adding the word option to AR for anyone else who reads this.

I have included below a link to a sample report exported to RTF. I do see a couple of minor formatting issues (some fields that should have a border do not), I know what is causing this and will address it in the next few days.

One of the goals was to allow easily merging documentation into the Setup Sheet instead of the other way around. Once the document or images to be merged are created, there is nothing you need to do other than create a Setup Sheet the normal way, the merge takes place automatically

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzFYb3w5RaFVam0wdkxXdUZTOWM/view?usp=sharing

I have included below a link to a sample report exported to RTF. I do see a couple of minor formatting issues (some fields that should have a border do not), I know what is causing this and will address it in the next few days.

One of the goals was to allow easily merging documentation into the Setup Sheet instead of the other way around. Once the document or images to be merged are created, there is nothing you need to do other than create a Setup Sheet the normal way, the merge takes place automatically

Jim that looks great.

How about adopting that into a customer's template? That is the real trick we keep running into is they have their established method and any deviation from it is not welcomed or accepted.

• Like 1

The formatting issue I mentioned has been corrected, the sample for the link has been updated.