Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Custom Tool - clearance

Brian Pallas

Hell,

On custom lathe tools, how do you have the tool be rounded instead of just an extruded shape?  The tool works fine and backplots fine, but in verify it always cuts way to much on internal tools.  I have always lived with that, but am wondering now if there is a way to get the tool created so it will work in verify also?

I draw my tool on a separate level with the cutting part as color 14 and the tool as color 116.  Then in define tool I use a level as the tool geometry.

I am using X7.  I attached a screenshot showing how my tool looks in verify after I create one.  I was reading in the MasterCam help and it was saying to create one closed rectangle for a round shank tool, but I haven't been able to get that to work.  Is the tool not being recognized as a round tool causing the back clearance problem?  What do I need to do to get that to work?

Thanks,

post-47026-0-27038300-1449758327_thumb.gif

• Like 1