Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Direct X for SolidEdge

Gloves

quick question, we currently use Solid Edge ST8 here and I have mastercam X9 on my system. I noticed today while I was in solid edge that there was an add-in called mastercamdirect. Funny that I had never seen this before.

anyways to make a long story short, I have the add-in for a part that is an assembly but if I try to open a .par file which is the parts that make up the assembly file, the add-in will not show when its in syncronious mode, but if I change it to ordered mode then it shows up.

this is a mode in solid edge not mastercam, Does anyone know if there is a way to have the plugin show in solid edge when the part is done in snycronious? most of everything is done that way here.

post-48587-0-86579000-1451416719_thumb.jpg

It only works in ordered. We use ST8 as well and to be honest I've come to prefer the solids side of mcam more than SE. IMO ST8 is the buggiest flavor yet.

Having said that, that's what our reseller told me. I've never even figured out what it does as I prefer mcam.

Thanks Jlw, I don't design any of the parts here as we are more of a manufacturing then a job shop, so parts coming from ST8 is something I have to just live with. we used ST5 for a long time, just recently moved to 8.

I honestly have not worked much with solids at all in mastercam as usally I am just bringing in there geometry and putting tools to it....all that is done using wire frame.

Good to know though that it only works in ordered. Its just a little nicer to have ST8 open the part directly into mastercam, instead of saving out the .par file as an .xt file like we do now.

We convert the files because the .par files always seem to put way to many lines in wire frame :)

• 2 weeks later...

Gloves,

The addin is not available in "Synchronous" mode due to some technical issues. So it's working as designed.

You can, as you've probably already figured out, save the part while in "synchronous" mode and then open that .PAR file in MC.

Thank you Pete, yes as you said I had already figured out that part. Actually that is how we have done it for a long time. Though like I said we usually don't use the .par file because it creates way to many lines. which in turn makes it hard to place tool paths on from time to time.

But now that I know the Add in is there I will be playing with it more. Its not too hard to change the modal from synchronous to ordered in solid edge being that I already have it opened anyhow.

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it