Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Add G68.2 to mpmaster for HMC machine

Hello,

at the moment we work on Mori Seiki NH Series HMC's and we are using G54.2 for milling in different angle's of the table.

Now were getting some new NH series machines and they only support G68.2.

Has anyone of you ever done this before? I mean to add the G68.2 to mpmaster? 

Sorry for my bad english an thank you very much!

Nico

Hello,

thank you for your answer. My local dealer is not very happy i use mpmaster PostProcessor and update it by myself, because he cant earn Money then. as a result, he says he does not help me update my Posts. Thats why i'm doing it on my own.

In generally i do know where to put the code for G68.2. It has to be added in ptlchg_com and ptlchg0$ and i have to cancel it in retract funtion i guess.

Note: We do only need 3+1 axis milling, so we use B axis of the machine only for indexing! We do not cut simultaniously.

So here is my Problem. G68.2 allows a displacement of the coordinate System. At the Moment we programm our parts with G54.2 and the Location Point of the wcs and all local coordinate systems is the same. Only B axis is tilted around Yaxis.

But how do i calculate the shift from local Coordinate System (plane) to wcs if they are not set up in the same point?

Yout would really help me alot, if you could Show me the needed modifications for G68.2.

Thank you very much!

Nico

Hello,

thank you for your answer. My local dealer is not very happy i use mpmaster PostProcessor and update it by myself, because he cant earn Money then. as a result, he says he does not help me update my Posts. Thats why i'm doing it on my own.

In generally i do know where to put the code for G68.2. It has to be added in ptlchg_com and ptlchg0$ and i have to cancel it in retract funtion i guess.

Note: We do only need 3+1 axis milling, so we use B axis of the machine only for indexing! We do not cut simultaniously.

So here is my Problem. G68.2 allows a displacement of the coordinate System. At the Moment we programm our parts with G54.2 and the Location Point of the wcs and all local coordinate systems is the same. Only B axis is tilted around Yaxis.

But how do i calculate the shift from local Coordinate System (plane) to wcs if they are not set up in the same point?

Yout would really help me alot, if you could Show me the needed modifications for G68.2.

Thank you very much!

Nico

Sorry your dealer can help you here and if someone else wants to upsets the dealers they are more than welcome to. Good luck, but you are not asking for a simple post modification. This takes some work and knowledge why the dealer is there. You get what you pay for. You want to take the time to earn it while the machine sits not making you and your company money go ahead and penny wise and $1000 dumb. We turn this service over to the pros and work on programming parts.