Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Mad cow hits USA

Philcott

HRMMM.....so I guess I wont be eating tamalies any time soon.......dont they use the, uh, less pleasent parts of the animal like the brains and stuff?

quote:

Industry investigators have tentatively concluded that the Holstein infected with mad cow disease in Washington state was imported into the United States from Canada.

I was wondering when a surefire,100% positive, one and only, incident report was going to hit the news......

But all BS aside, I really do hope so.....

That's all this country needs is a MCD epidemic.

We have enough problems with the economy like it is.

Murlin

Let's not turn this into a Canada vs. US thing; it isn't. It's a disease control problem and given the global nature of commerce, we need to work together to attack the problem, not each other.

As of now, 90% of our beef exports have been stopped due to countries banning US beef due to MCD. Can't blame them; they are just trying to protect their people and beef industies.

Of course, 90% of US beef is consumed in the US. The risk of any of us catching MCD is probably less than being killed by a shark on the Mississippi river. (Just don't eat the brains, spinal chord and other yuckie stuff I'd never eat anyway!).

Personally, I have a big steak thawing right now that I plan to grill this afternoon and enjoy the hell out of. cheers.gif

[ 12-28-2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

Murlin,

quote:

OK now you've done it.....Im gonna take my chances and go to the Outback tonite

Why in the world would you go to Outback for Beef?

I'm a TEXAN living in Nashville, Sure there is an Outback just down the street from my home here; but if I was back home in TEXAS I'm sure I could find a much better place to eat a BEAN.

Happy Dining! cheers.gif I'm jealous.

Andrew.

I am just wondering if anyone knows how many cows this farm actually sends out for beef consumption every month. I live in a farm community and our dairy cows are not the same as beef cows and either are the farms. Just wondering because the beef cows usually have higher regulations on them as far as testing and care procedures as far as meat carrying diseases go. Dairy cows are not often tested for diseases themselves just there milk. Nothing like eating a tuff old dried up milk cow.um-um

Mad Cow is only found in the Brain and Spine in cattle over the age of 2, only. It does not affect or have anything to do with steaks or milk.

Also, a good steak comes from a stear under the age of 2.

only, sometimes, when an older cow or stear is made into hamburger, or when the news is watching, will you, just by chance, find the mad cow.

The suspect in question was an older cow not a young stear.

P.S. Tony, what time is dinner.

[ 12-29-2003, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: AMC ]

Jay,

quote:

Industry investigators have tentatively concluded that the Holstein infected with mad cow disease in Washington state was imported into the United States from Canada.

I heard this also. At first I thought, here we go again. The song, "Blame Canada" by the south park gang came to mind. We will have to see if this turns out to be the case. Does anyone remember hearing NYC mayor Bloomberg saying the big blackout of the past year was "definitly" caused by Canada?

I don't remember hearing him say OOPS it was caused by a plant in Ohio(least I think it was Ohio) not in Ontario.

Lets not forget we got blamed for letting the 911 terrorists into the USA too. As it turned out, Canada didn't do that either.

Sorry for venting. I'm just tired of always being the easy scapegoat.

Phil

I feel better now. smile.gif