Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2 in one day... Phosphorous bronze?

I've only used it for brazing, can't comment on machining. The fumes are gnarly though!

sure you are not thinking of silicone bronze ??

part of me is wondering if it is similar to what we typically call 660 bronze , if it is the stuff is real nice to work with , for tooling anything suited for aluminum would work very well if the properties are similar , Aluminum Bronze is a whole different beast .

sure you are not thinking of silicone bronze ??

part of me is wondering if it is similar to what we typically call 660 bronze , if it is the stuff is real nice to work with , for tooling anything suited for aluminum would work very well if the properties are similar , Aluminum Bronze is a whole different beast .

Positive. Silicone Bronze you can actually tig weld. Phosphor bronze is for brazing. I always hated working with it, but it has been 6+ years since I have touched it.

I've used phosphor bronze to do build up on 660, I want to say we found that silicone bronze gave us a better wear surface so we ended up switching to that, but the details are a bit hazy, I was just the guy laying the rod, I never did any of the specifications or machining on the project.

I've had great luck with http://www.barryadorfman.com/

I haven't looked for that particular material but was able to find other stuff that I was having a hard time getting my hands on.

I use Barry Dorfman for my 17-4.

HSMAdvisor has speeds and feeds for 660 bronze.

Just gave him a call.  Not positive on  finding what I need, Ive tried copper&brass and montclare bronze.  I need either a 5" round or a plate/sheet that is 3/16 thick by 5".  maiking it from the plate would be a lot easier.

Thanks for the replies!