Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

is it xp ...ver 9 ..or just plain me

wtsylvester

We just upgraded to ver9. and when I regen a t/p and hit esc it takes forever to go thru the tool display, in ver8 , it was done in no time.

I have tryed about ever nc setting in config... still it draws a little ... takes a break smile.gif , then draws a little more....it will go faster when i hold down enter.. verify is faster.

but then i need regen first

It's driving me crazy..or maybe more crazy is the proper term smile.gif

Gosh if anyone can tell me what setting to put in , I might be able to get something done today... terrible way to start out a new year

Tia...Bill

Bill, I don't fully understand your question so this may be way out in left field. Move your mouse to the top or left side of the screen so that you're not in the graphics window. This increases processing time on many things (toolpaths, verify, etc) by great amounts. It's a HUGE time saver.

Thad

Ok, I've heard this

quote:

This increases processing time on many things (toolpaths, verify, etc) by great amounts. It's a HUGE time saver

for quite some time now and while it may work on your box or some others, it has absolutely no effect on mine or any of the other 3 computers I have run MC9 on rolleyes.gif I agree that it's worth a shot, anything always is, but after running actual timed tests on toolpaths I'm convinced its BS.

I would try what Jimmy said, disable the open GL, which you'll have to do as soon as you open MC or with shading off or the box will be greyed out.

I also believe that it was recommended a while back on this board that you set MC to run like a win2k program on XP. You can do this by right clicking the shortcut to MC on your desktop, click the compatability tab, check on the Run this program in compatability mode box and select 2000 from the dropdown.

quote:

when I regen a t/p and hit esc it takes forever to go thru the tool display

I'm a little confused as to what you mean by tool display during a regen....if the system isn't responding during a regen, it's because it's crunching #'s. On certain paths that seem to be particularly computer intensive, like contour, you can have a hard time getting the system to respond to the esc key. Are you talking about backplotting?

...oh yes, and last but not least, what are your system specs? Processor/RAM/Vid Card/which release of MC9. Running MC on vid cards it doesn't exactly agree with can cause some really strange stuff....

[ 01-06-2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

quote:

for quite some time now and while it may work on your box or some others, it has absolutely no effect on mine or any of the other 3 computers I have run MC9 on I agree that it's worth a shot, anything always is, but after running actual timed tests on toolpaths I'm convinced its BS.

Zero, I'm sorry you're not able to take advantage of this, but I don't know why. It's worked on 5 different computers that I've run MC on...from Win2000 to XP Pro and 550 Mhz to 2.4 Ghz...from MC8 up to MC9.1 SP2. And it's been confirmed by many members of this board. I think it's even included in the tips section somewhere. confused.gif

Thad

[ 01-06-2004, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Thad ]

Bill,

Is the setting for Tool Dsiplay in your toolpath's Tool Parameters page set to "Run" or "Step"? If it's on "Run", is there any number in the "run delay" field? Is it on Endpoints or Interpolate? The Tool Display settings can really slow down the regeneration of any toolpath simply because Mastercam thinks you want to slow it down to view what the tool is doing based on those settings. Pressing "ESC" during the toolpath display usually skips this process.