Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

coolant with before, with or after

Jmick

Right now every time we select a coolant option of on, we have the option of whether to have M8 come on "before" , "with" or "after" tool change command. It currently is set to "BEFORE" as the default. Is it possible to change it to "WITH"? I have tried the machine def. and control def. Both of those avenues would allow you to change the type of coolant command ie. m8,m9,m12. Anyone with an idea would greatly appreciated. I think it has to do with coolant x . Thanks in advance.

On my mill machine definition I have the box checked "support coolant using coolant value in post-processor". So I can only select flood, mist or thru-tool as on or off. In my lathe definition I don't have that box checked and I get all the options (flood, mist, thru-tool, custom 1-7) and the coolant button I have to select flood and i also get the option you see before, with, after.  With the default 'before' selected my code looks like this -

T11211
M8
G97 S200 M03
G0 G54 X0. Z.25
G81 Z0. R.1 F.01
M9
G28 U0. W0. M05
T11100
M30
%

(Junk code ^ just to show formatting of coolant on/off). Are you just trying to clean up your code, or...? When I check the box like it is setup in my mill I get this -

T11211
G97 S200 M03
G0 G54 X0. Z.25 M8
G81 Z0. R.1 F.01
M9
G28 U0. W0. M05
T11100
M30
%

Right now every time we select a coolant option of on, we have the option of whether to have M8 come on "before" , "with" or "after" tool change command. It currently is set to "BEFORE" as the default. Is it possible to change it to "WITH"? I have tried the machine def. and control def. Both of those avenues would allow you to change the type of coolant command ie. m8,m9,m12. Anyone with an idea would greatly appreciated. I think it has to do with coolant x . Thanks in advance.

To use the before, with & after coolant functions your machine def has to be set to use the X style coolant settings.

The M code specific to the coolant code is set in the post processor.

If you're want to set the coolant commands as defaults for the tpaths some edits need to be made to the operation defaults.