Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G10 Line Output

Hello everyone,

So I was going to comment in this thread http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/60341-mpmaster-g10-output/ but realizing how old it is, I was wondering if there is any up-to-date information regarding the topic. I have tried using the different blocks in my post, but can't seem to capture any of the numbers from the planes and get them to output in the NC file. I currently use "Manual Toolpath" and just write in the G10 lines for the program. I would love it if the info could be pulled from the planes I've created.

I am programming for a 4 axis horizontal, using an already customized version of MPFAN.

I don't know much about post editing, but I am pretty good at reverse engineering and sort of figuring it out. I do have programming background (java, php, javascript, etc.) but I can't seem to get the XYZ out of the NCI (I can see them there in the debugger!)

Sidenote... Are there resources out there for what all the different post things mean? For instance, why do some vars have *var and some are var? or what does var$ mean? is !var like other languages, meaning not var? what about nwadrs(), or rpar(), or rparsngl()?

Thank you in advance for any help and guidance.

I actually got the code from the linked post to work!

I missed the post from Zoober about initializing the different buffers.

Thank you for answering back and saying there was enough to help you figure it out. I am pretty much self taught and sorry if I feel like anyone can do what I and many others have done which is figure it out. Trial and error, making mistakes, failing, picking ourselves and trying again till we got it figured out. That is missing from many today and thank you for doing it you will go far in this profession. Don't let the naysayers tell you it is wasted effort believe me it is well worth the effort. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 3

Hello everyone,

So I was going to comment in this thread http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/60341-mpmaster-g10-output/ but realizing how old it is, I was wondering if there is any up-to-date information regarding the topic. I have tried using the different blocks in my post, but can't seem to capture any of the numbers from the planes and get them to output in the NC file. I currently use "Manual Toolpath" and just write in the G10 lines for the program. I would love it if the info could be pulled from the planes I've created.

I am programming for a 4 axis horizontal, using an already customized version of MPFAN.

I don't know much about post editing, but I am pretty good at reverse engineering and sort of figuring it out. I do have programming background (java, php, javascript, etc.) but I can't seem to get the XYZ out of the NCI (I can see them there in the debugger!)

Sidenote... Are there resources out there for what all the different post things mean? For instance, why do some vars have *var and some are var? or what does var$ mean? is !var like other languages, meaning not var? what about nwadrs(), or rpar(), or rparsngl()?

Thank you in advance for any help and guidance.

The best resource you can get would be a copy of the MP_Documentation PDF Portfolio. This is a PDF file that contains multiple files inside it, that are the language reference for the MP Post Language.

I've taught many Post Processor Development courses over the years, both for CNC Software, and through www.eapprentice.net. If you get the MP Documentation, and decide you would like some more training, then I'd recommend taking a training course.

• Like 2

To the best of my knowledge the following is correct.  But I'm no expert either so I could be wrong.

A * in front of a variable forces it to output the value.  If you have a variable called test and put it on three lines in a row without the * it will only output the value once.  If you put a * in front of it ( *test ) it would output it three times.  If the variable has a $ on the end it means it is a system variable instead of one created by the post writer. 

I too would recommend getting the MP_Documentation portfolio from your reseller.  I unfortunately didn't have it when I started. Now that I have it I see it would have saved me a lot of time and trouble in the beginning.  I learned most of what I know from looking through the post for similar code, trial and error, and searching through emastercam.  There is a ton of information on this website.  A lot of the post edits I have done I couldn't have done without the information I got from emastercam.

• Like 5