Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Video card lag? Maybe?

Chad 73

Hey, I just got a new computer at work, Supposedly our new High end of what we are going to buy. It doesn't seem too bad but I have noticed some serious lag when I select for a dynamic rotation graphics view. The selection point seems to lag as far as trying to find a point to select, the little icons that say I have an endpoint or midpoint, etc. I'm not sure what I can do to help that. The only thing that seems to work is less entities showing on the screen. And it seems to be worse in X9 than it is in 2017. Below are my computer specs:

HP Z240 workstation

Core I7 3.4 Ghz

16 GB Ram

Nvidia K2200 4GB video

450GB Solid state Hard Drive

There used to be a was to turn off Graphics acceleration years ago, is that still a thing?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Chad Perkins

[email protected]

• Like 6

I recently got them to upgrade my computer here. Got they got me an I7 3.6 Ghz processor, 12 gig of memory and a GeForce GT 730 2 Gig video card. Now I know this is not a huge kick xxxx system but it should run Mastercam fine for what we do here. Mastercam stutters and chokes on all kinds of files. I have a 22Mb file with 75 ops and it is painful. Never have I had a version of Mastercam behave this badly and I have run some earlier versions on some real POS computers.