Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Quadro card with ultrawide distortion

HateWhatOwnsYou

LG 1920x1080 widescreen monitor    **oops typo

m4000 GPU

just built a new machine (same monitor) and i swear my old computer didnt have this issue, circles are ovals and squares are rectangles

ive tried changing the scaling on the graphics card and seems to make zero difference

control panel and gpu are set to 1092x1080

i dont see any setting in mastercam that would affect this

what am i missing or am i just stuck with this?

• Like 1

Somewhere in the back of my mind there's something telling me there's an aspect ratio setting in the card driver software but it's been awhile since I've needed to set it....

1092 x 1080?

Did you try the Windows display settings in the Control Panel

This stuff has just worked for so long I've forgotten all the hoops we used to have to jump through sometimes

You may need to update the monitor drivers in the Device Manager as well

well another thing i noticed, LG has spec say this monitor as a 2560x1080 resolution but windows will not give me that as an option.

i made a custom resolution in nvidia but how do i change it in windows?

perhaps the LG drivers that came with the monitor will do that for you????

First thing, that monitor has a resolution of 2560 x 1080. Trying to use 1920 x 1080 is not going to display correctly. Change the resolution in both Windows and Nvidia to 2560 x 1080 and see what that does. On the cables not supporting it, the cables are the same its the output device that needs to support the newer version. My first choice is always Display port but in this case HDMI should drive your monitor without an issue. 

Did you install the LG monitor drivers? That resolution should show up without having to create a custom resolution. I have it in Windows and Nvidia control panel on my computer along with a whole list of others and I have never created a custom resolution.