Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2d Contour, Cut Paramters page, Tab key order jacked up

jlw™

Is any one else sofa king irritated at the Tab Key order of the 2d Contour Cut Parameters page?  I am typically very heavy on keyboard use, Tab being a common key I use, and the order on this page gets me every time.  If you want to change the internal/external corner boxes it tabs to the first one, then to the wall stock, then floor stock, then external corners.  I find myself catching this all the dang time.  It should start at the top and go down.

Here is the order:

taborderjackedup.png

• Like 2

there are a lot of parameter pages where the tab key order is illogical. :realmad:

It may be that someone at CNC forgot to check the value of the TabIndex property for each control in the Visual Studio forms... It's a boring job and takes some significant time to sort all them out in a big product like Mastercam... Unless they assign a software development intern to do it, I doubt it will get fixed soon... Anyway, if the problem is in this form only, it's an easy easy fix... But you should report it...

I usually spend a lot of time checking the TabIndexes in my applications, and I only do it when the mechanics of the UI are done... When you're trying to get the product out of the door ASAP it's easy to forget about this... Specially because most users don't even know what TAB does on Windows Forms...

Speedy or not, point is Tab order is mucked up from the floor up. No matter who's faster, us keyboardists are buck futted by Tab order.

I agree, tab is one of the most useful functions in any software. I would report it as a bug, they need to informed.

Speedy or not, point is Tab order is mucked up from the floor up. No matter who's faster, us keyboardists are buck futted by Tab order.

A week or less of work of a software development intern and they can fix the entire product. Tabindex fixing is not difficult, just boring...

The Joel Test: 12 Steps to Better Code

by Joel Spolsky
  1. Do you use source control?
  2. Can you make a build in one step?
  3. Do you make daily builds?
  4. Do you have a bug database?
  5. Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
  6. Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
  7. Do you have a spec?
  8. Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
  9. Do you use the best tools money can buy?
  10. Do you have testers?
  11. Do new candidates write code during their interview?
  12. Do you do hallway usability testing?

Hey guys,

I think we're overthinking this specific issue... It's not uncommon to let these things to slip through the cracks...

Those who believe this needs to be fixed, put a formal request through your dealer and follow up with them. It's not a big deal to fix this... Just needs to have visibility on their likely long to do list...

Jm2c