Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2017 Tool editor crash

BRAIN52

On a fresh installation of 2017, when I double or right click on a tool to get into the tool editor Mastercam crashes. I get the standard crash reporting dialogue, and I get this: post-18816-0-53461400-1479346900_thumb.jpg

I know my graphics card isn't great, but I've been running X8 without a problem :question:

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

You are likely suffering from the bug that is affecting some but not all users.....It has affected me....

If you haven't tried to install the Update 1, do that...it helped with some users but not all.....

There is an update 2 which is "very" close to being released that "should" clear this up......

I will say, I did repeatedly receive the crash dialog, that one you show, that is one I have not previously seen....

You are likely suffering from the bug that is affecting some but not all users.....It has affected me....

If you haven't tried to install the Update 1, do that...it helped with some users but not all.....

There is an update 2 which is "very" close to being released that "should" clear this up......

I will say, I did repeatedly receive the crash dialog, that one you show, that is one I have not previously seen....

I hope thats not all they fixed.

the cache still build  up and you have to restart mastercam to get simple functions to

work again like:

-select solid, no entities show up selected and wont regen(restart MC fixes it)

-move geometry to different level and nothing moves(restart MC fixes it)

-back plot shows holder selected, verify shows big fat default holder and shows a gouge(restart MC fixes it)

only been doing this behavior since the release of X......

there's a bunch more but you get the picture

So I ran disk cleanup, defrag, and scandisk without any issues. Reinstalled MCX2017 with update 1. Still getting the same error.

I guess I'll keep using X8 until the next update.

Oddly enough I have had similar problems with the tool editor in previous versions. Those were fixed with the second or third updates. Maybe there's something about how the tool editor works that throws off my system?

Rickster, have you tried limiting the size of your undo file?  It is in the configuration on the start/exit page.  This should fix many of your issues.  Limiting the size will limit the # of undo/redo you can do.  I prefer to not limit my undo and occasionally reboot so I can have unlimited undo/redo.  The undo file can become exceptionally large if you do a lot XFORM functions. 

HTH