Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma OSP-E100M DNC Help

Scott Lent

Greetings,

I realize this is probably not the forum for this question, but I've run out of options so please forgive me.

We've got an Okuma MC-V4020 machining center with an OSP-E100M control and I need to know where the DNC control panel is located.

This panel should have two switches, one turning on/off communication, the other turning on/off Buffer Operation.

It is refered to in the manual but our maintenance people have been all over the machine looking for it. Does anybody know where this panel would be?

We're trying to get this machine connected to our shop DNC and I'm working with our Mastercam reseller to make the appropriate changes to our post processor.

Right now the only thing we've been able to get to work with limited success is input via RS232 emulating a tape (hence the additional code added to the post)

From what I can understand from the manual is that there is another means of input 'DNC-B' that I'm seeing no reference to in any on the machine's on-screen menu's. Perhaps the machine is not equipped with that option, or maybe we just need to find that switch to turn that feature on.

Thanks in advance.

Scott Lent

• Like 1

Thanks Greg.

From what I saw in the manual, I was pretty sure it was an option we didn't have.

Just wanted to confirm it with somebody who knows where the panel would be if we had it.

I guess our next move is to see if the DNC-B option can be added at this point.

Thanks for your reply,

Scott

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

After a year and a half, we finally just upgraded to DNC-DT on our Okuma 4020 with a OSP-E100M control and I was wondering if it is possible to copy from the on-board data server to MD1.

The reason I ask, many of my old programs have goto / branch code in them, and apparently this is not allowed running from the on-board server. The programs are small and will run from MD1, it's just getting them there that's the problem. Part of the reason we'd upgraded was because our corporate IT security  has made it difficult / impossible to write to a floppy disk for program transfer.

Our installer, who is also our Mastercam reseller, is looking into it with Okuma. I was just wondering if anybody here has been able to do that.

Thanks!

Edited by Scott Lent
spelling