Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G10 setting lines

mcoates

Anyone have any idea how to output lines to input work offsetting data at the beginning of a program for each work offset used?

I've got it now to recognize each offset but it only puts out the first one it "sees" in the program. I would like it to work like the tool table and scan the program to get each work offset used.

I put the logic into the "pwrtt" section, but then it puts out the data after each tool description.

So either I get only the first one or I get the whole thing a buncha times.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mark

I am working on that now myself. What I did was to format some questions & as the questions came up I input my X,Y,Z,& B values. It is somewhat of a workaround I guess but it worked..I ended up just forcing the G90 G10 L2 P1 X? Y? Z? B? out and I will manually input the numbers where you see the question mark. Hope this makes sense and/or helps.

On another note how are you handling centerline of rotation? Where are you putting that number(centerline) so posting is correct? biggrin.gif

------------------

Thanks

R.Johnson

What do you mean handle centerline of rotation?

I draw the part (or parts) using different construction planes for each view, then assign an origin to each and using the toolplane feature, let Mastercam handle all rotations and wo outputs. You need to have front as the starting point. That will be B0, right side will be 90 deg and so on.

Hope this covered it, if not let me know.

I know there has to be a way to output wo setting lines. The way I'm handling it now is I just have it output a common line (P0) and one with P1 and just copy it as many times as I need and change the P word.

It works, but I'd like the computer to do most of my work for me.

I'll keep tweaking and if I come up with anything I'll let you know.

Is that SH500 a Mori?

Mark

[This message has been edited by mcoates (edited 04-25-2001).]

Actually thats a little more involved than I need. I just want it to out something like: G90 G10 L2 P1 X0 Y0 Z0 and let the operator input the numbers.

I suppose I could follow the logic but just not input any values.

Is this post based on the MpMaster? Thats what I'm using now.

Thanks Mark

HI!

YOU CAN TRY THIS.

I WROTE IT LONG TIME AGO FOR HAAS POST FOR V7.

REG. MIKE

pwrtt # Write tool table, scans entire file, null tools are negative

tnote = t

toffnote = tloffno

tlngnote = tlngno

if t >= 0, "(", *tnote , " ", *tldia, " ", *sopnote, ") "

if t >= 0, tcnt = tcnt + 1

pnote = t

if t >= 0, " G10 G90 L12", *pnote, "R0"

if t >= 0, tcnt = tcnt + 1

[This message has been edited by mikhael gutman (edited 04-27-2001).]

Dave,

Where do the numbers come from that appear in the G10 lines?

At first all I wanted to put in the lines with zeroes and have the operator input the values, but on some jobs I can figure out the G10s beforehand and input them myself. I just need to know where.

Thanks Mark C

The numbers were based on the tox, toy, and toz variables - tool origin shift values in the top toolplane. Select Tplane and hit Alt+0 - this allows you to pick a new tool origin. The shift value of this new origin from X0Y0Z0 is what you see in the sample post.

For a horizontal application in the past, I had to map these values down to the various horizontal toolplanes.

Do I need to make other changes to my horizontal post to make this work?

Or do I need to draw the part different?

I draw it with the datum corner at the const plane origin and shift the side work using new planes and setting the origin to each.

If I put numbers in as you said, then it doesn't output anything in the G10s but shifts the toolpaths by the amount input.

Thanks for your help Mark Coates