Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco & Hasp not found

MIL-TFP-41

Had one of our computers recover from a windows error last week. Basically followed the automated prompts, and it re-installed windows. I then had to reinstall Mcam 2017. Now when I try to open cimco, I see the "hasp not found!" error. This is NOT a nethasp setup. It is running a USB Hasp. Mastercam runs fine, the code expert editor runs fine, but Cimco won't run.

I've tried re-registering the associated .dll's (the ones in the cimco folder) via the Advanced Configuration tool, same result.

The users were complaining that the computer wasn't posting, when in fact it was posting, but the editor was not opening up.

4 minutes ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

Make sure you have admin rights to the CIMCOEdit7 folder located at C:\Program Files\mcam2017\common\Editors\CimcoEdit7

Really Jay?

I've never seen Admin rights necessary to get that to run?

Just now, MIL-TFP-41 said:

Yes.

When you did the re-install, did you delete the Program Files folder?  If not, I would recommend uninstalling again, make sure to delete the 2017 folder in Program Files....

Go into the registry and delete the 2017 keys, reboot and re-install

6 hours ago, JParis said:

Really Jay?

I've never seen Admin rights necessary to get that to run?

Really John? you would be surprised what I see .  But just like Mastercam how hard do they lock the system down.
I know that you have had issues with MC with not having Admin rights to all the mastercam directorys correct? this same thought.

Never had an issue with the Program Files directory...I have definitely had issue with the Public folder being locked down

Program Files is something that a "user" level account doesn't regularly have anything beyond read rights.....I was just surprised as that is something I have never encountered.