Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I have a question regarding using a STL file with Verify

markypete

Hi,

If I have a part with multiple operations, a lot of times, I like to create a separate Mastercam file for each.  And when I do, I often save the Verify result as an STL file in order to get a stock body for the next operation. I'd like to know from anyone if they're able to Merge the STL file into Mastercam, place it on a level, and select it as the Stock Body to use in Verify. I currently have to select my stock as a file.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mark

I work all in 1 file whenever possible, which is almost always and take advantage of stock model when I can....

I use stl's only as external files, I occasionally will use one as a file for starting stock and run an empty(no toolpaths) stock model and that becomes my very first operation and use stock model from there down.

Yes, I've been able to merge the stl onto a level. But then I can't find a way to use that meshed STL as my stock body for verify. Unless I select "file", I don't see a way to choose it under the "Stock Setup" tab or the "stock" tab under the "Backplot/verify" options.

You can use the mesh to make a stock model and use the stock model for Verify sessions.

I have had cases where the stock model comes into Verify hollow which makes it useless for verification purposes

I normally use an STL file as stock for Verify