Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solidworks part files...

jlw™

Ok guys, what gives?  I have never had Solidworks on either computer.  I have downloaded E-dwg viewer at home just like at work.  I can open and work with SW files just fine at work.

Will not open at all at home.  I have done the same thing at home as work, download the E-Drawing viewer.

Any one have any ideas?

edrawing will register the .dll to it...

Use the process to re-register the dll for Mastercam...

Shutdown Mastercam go into Windows Start Button > Mastercam 2017 > Advanced Configuration > Click on Componenets

Navigate to...

C:\Program Files\mcam2017\common\SWORKSDATA

Re-register the SwDocumentMgr.dll

The dll Solidworks provides to CNC Software is named exactly is is the one they call in their software....sometimes windows fudges them up and you'll need to do this, though it happens now quite infrequently

Edited by Guest

John has a great suggestion because that is what I have seen to be the problem about 80% of the time, if its not that then get Maintenance Update #2 for 2017 because update#2 updates the Solidworks Translator so you may also be in need of a Mastercam update since that can also be the problem if its a Solidworks 2017 type file

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, believe it or not, I finally had time to try this.  That didn't work and I am up to date.  Still no go.  Kinda weird tho, I'll get the same error but then a piece or two will come in.

What can I do?

swerror.png

In your config, it is set to bring in the Solidworks history..you need to uncheck that if you don't have solidworks. Mastercam contacts SW's through to report and transfer the feature tree....if SW's isn't installed, this transfer isn't possible

Edrawing will ONLY let you view through edrawings, it contains 0% if solid data

And yes you can use SW solids

Edited by Guest