Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Will this post work?

Bill H

I've got to generate some programs that will be run on a Bridgeport Torq Cut 30.  No fancy toolpaths - just some contours and drilling.  Someone told me that Mastercam's generic Fanuc 3X post should work for this machine.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Please note that I'm not requesting a post; I'm just looking for an answer to this question.  Thanks.

JParis - These programs are being run in someone else's shop with a bunch of bigwigs watching.  I'm trying to avoid showing up with a bunch of programs that won't run and having everyone getting pissed off at me.

6 minutes ago, Bill H said:

JParis - These programs are being run in someone else's shop with a bunch of bigwigs watching.  I'm trying to avoid showing up with a bunch of programs that won't run and having everyone getting pissed off at me.

Well, it sounds like you don't know what you need either....that's a problem

You need to figure out what you need before anything else.....seems to me you bit off a bit more perhaps than you can currently, at least, chew.

Get a sample program....program and post, compare.....fix if necessary....or.....call your reseller and see if there's a specific post for that control.

No easy way around it....even with a post, you're still going to need to know what you need in case tweaks are to be made.

I dob't take on any job without a post or a sample program

Edited by Guest

KInd of a long story here, but the job was originally going to run in another shop on a Haas machine and I had everything set and ready to go.  Now the plan has changed and I'm hustling to keep the job on track.  I can either be the champ or the chump . . .

I was just hoping that this was going to be a simple fix, with someone saying "the blah blah blah post will work fine with that machine", but things aren't shaping up that way.

Thanks for trying to help.

I found this with a google search.

Other forums have programming manuals but you need to sign up before download ing.

I've just started setting up jobs and coding on a 95 Bridgeport Torq Cut 22 after 12+ years running pretty typical mills with typical controls. After pulling my hair out learning all the little quirks and rules I must follow on the DX-32 I've pretty much got the hang of this thing, I have a couple of questions, though.

1st of all how the heck do I delete a program off of the hard drive. It looks to have many hundred programs on if from the previous owner and it still says it has 509,000,000 bytes of remaining space left, can this be? How many meg does that equate to? I thought these machines only had 256 KB of space?

2nd question refers to actual programming. I was making some soft jaws and wanted to drop inside a drilled hole with an end mill and interpolate some counterbores and no matter how many J's I added to the G3 interpolation it would only go around 2 times, what's up with this and how do I make it go around more than twice. I'm sure it's just some little rule I'm not following but I can't seem to figure it out. Here's an example of the code I wrote, and as you can see the endmill should go around the inside of the hole 3 times:

T1M6
G0G17G40G80G90G54
X0Y0Z7.H1S5000M3
Z1.M8
G1G41X0Y0Z-.5F20.0
G1Y.375
G3I0J0
J0
J0
G1G40X0Y0
G0Z7.0M9
M2