Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CIMCO development slow down

Watcher

Has anyone using Professional Editor and other Cimco modules noticed the slow down in development? 

Most of the resources are being put on the MDC-Max and little in the Editor, NC-Base, DNC-Max... I know they're mature products but hey... 

I was used to see at least bi-weekly updates but the last year the drop was dramatic. Wait for a month to see a single fix in MDC-Max reports? 

I like the products and I'm happy with the support, but I think they've lost their hand with products like Editor Professional or NC-Base. They are almost 100% on the sales only mode for these products... 

Maybe a shortage in the workforce? Not even the promised for January machine simulation happened so far... 

I remember the golden times when the guys that moved to Autodesk where there... little bureaucracy and fast paced development... they're closer to us, customers... now even bugs fixes are taking a year to get into the product... used to take a week or less 5 years ago... 

I know that it's not an easy job but to see NC-Plot to outperform CIMCO Edit Pro in several fronts for so many years is indeed a waste of potential...

I've done everything in my power to let them know the gaps but it's been falling on deaf years for quite sometime...  

Anyone else noticed the slow down? 

Daniel, I know that some the things have changed but so you know the development team is knocking new stuff all the time. I mean weekly and some daily. but they are working on different area's and different  modulus.
I get emails daily were they are doing fix's or updates. So I hope here when get some of your needs covered.

PS the Machine Sim just went into beta. it is behind the hopped beta of Jan that you herd of. I was telling folks at IMTS last year more like February March time frame.

Thanks Jay, 

God knows how much I love these products and how much better they made us... I've implemented them in all my employers in the past decade. All together I'm talking about nearly a hundred licenses. My current company licenses 43 seats of the editor and close to that in NC-base and DNC Max clients, this site alone. I think the volume speaks for itself and helps to explain why we do expect more. I have even exported this solution to plants overseas in the past. 

I just think the Editor and NC-Base are a little behind in their priorities, whereas the lack of more advanced tools in Edit Pro is my biggest grip.

NCPlot delivers more as an NC Editor and I feel uncomfortable to be in the group of the handicapped. 

NCPlot lacks data management and DNC as Cimco does, so in the end the overall suite is what makes Edit Pro so appealing when used with other Cimco products. 

The most sold not necessarily means the best and Cimco needs to put more focus in the editor and level it against their competitors. 

I appreciate the feedback and trust you with all my heart, but we have to remember that more than words what really counts in the end are the release notes.... 

Thank you again, 

Daniel