Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how create solid from surfaces use chook?

pro

pro,

If you are using Mastercam V9, creating a solid from surfaces can be done without a c-hook. Select the Solids/Next menu/From surfaces function to get started. It is usually a good idea to make sure you have a different color and level selected. Also you may want to check the surface model to see if it is completely closed. That way the surfaces would be replaced with a closed solid model instead of creating "sheet solids". HTH cheers.gif Welcome to the forum! biggrin.gif

Well I am thinking not a chook here but a Vb to do this I have been thinking about a Vb to take a solid bring it in on Level 1 then on Level 2 make a bounding box. After it make the bounding box it ask where to you want ot move the part in realtion to the orgin. Then it will create a wiframe of the part on Levle 3. I then want ot to do a analze of the part then do a surface rough pocket again using paramters you set up like legth acceptable, Max/min material condtions other factro to figure then do a remachine of areas again using a paramter table asa control then do a finish toolpath that it could or could not prompt you for and then you could kind of go from there. I think adding surfaces to A Vb like that would be just as easy I just have not had the time to devlope the VB to do said things.

What the function name for create solid from surface? headscratch.gif

I think in chook is the same name as in VB.

Now I find only one way to create solid use chook function sld_import_solid. But for use this function I must create faces and edges before call.