Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

part violation

TERRYH

I am using MCX9 I am running my programs in the verify simulator to try and create a .STL file so that I know what still needs cut when I go from 3-axis machine to the 5-axis I am running a 1/2 ball surface finish leftover program to pick out the corners smaller from my finish tool. when I run the program in back plot where it shows you the tool path and rapids as a wire frame it looks good and does not come close to hitting the part, however in verify it rapids right thru the part. is there some reason for this? I have seen it in the past where I would use the same tool for say a semi finish and then a finish program I have seen it do this but if I re select same tool but from the library like it is 2 separate tools it stops this from happening, but this particular issue is just one program. Hope this makes sense kind of hard to explain.  

Verify respects your machine definition Rapids settings.

Backplot rapids in a straight line

If your machine def is set to dog leg rapid your will see crashes in Verify that don't show up in backplot.

You need to review your Machine Def rapids setting as set them to accurately reflect your machine's behavior

The crashes verify is showing you may be real

yes..

does your machine rapid in a straight line...  or does it dog leg?

This machine def is currently set to dog leg .. and Verify will dogleg too.

If your machine rapids in a straight line,  change the Rapid Motion setting to

"Linear interpolate at MAX federate"  and Verify will rapaid straight form point to point.

If you don't know if your machine doglegs , here's a simple test

G00 G54 G90 X0 Y0

X12 Y6

a machine that doglegs will rapid at 45 degrees to X6 Y6 then along X to X12

a machine that rapids straight will run straight to X12 Y6