Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas nc comments

Roger Peterson

Well it say 80 characters for comments related to program names. But it take this in my machine with no problem.

code:

O10000 (FIXTURE)

(MC9 FILE - C:2004_MC93128_MC92-600746 COVER HALF 2-15-04.MC9)

(PROGRAM LOCATION - CNC_ZETANC_PROGRAMS3128_NCFIXTURE.NC)

(DATE - FEB-16-04)

(TIME - 15:41)

(T2 | 1/2 BALL ENDMILL | H2 | D2 | D0.5000" | R0.2500 | M.FINISH...)

G00 G17 G20 G40 G49 G80 G90

T2 M06 ( 1/2 BALL ENDMILL)

(MAX - Z.5649)

(MIN - Z-11.1299)

M01

(TOOLPATH - FINISHFLOW)

(STOCK LEFT ON DRIVE SURFS = 1.5)

S8000 M03

I hope that helps. but I dont know about older controllers for the HAAS others care to chime in on that.

Thanks Millman, I have more info. If the customer posts out one operation no error. Multiple operations, 10 or so, then the too many characters error comes up. Their dealer is who told them 30 characters max. That still doesn't explain why a single operation works and multiple doesn't. Anyway, I just cut off all their commented output to 30 characters. This does cut off the end of filenames, comments, tool comments but no problems in the machine.

Thanks,

Hey Roger,

I've ran into the 30 character limit on my Haas, mainly with long tool names being output. The controller will just alarm out with anything larger than that...no matter how many or how few operations.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you limit the posted output to 30 characters? I'm using a slightly modified MPHaas.

Thanks tongue.gif

Thx Roger,

I don't have the post guide (yet another book I've been meaning to purchase)...I've done some post modifying/butchering myself and can make my way around the thing a bit, but by no means know what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated. smile.gifsmile.gif

I've also noticed that my Haas (circa 2000) will indeed accept long comments, EXCEPT in the tool defination callout. I have poured over the controller and manual in search of a setting that precipates the alarm, but have found nothing thus far. If their is an alarm, there HAS TO be a threshold setting somewhere! banghead.gif

I noticed a mistake from my earlier post, sorry about that but here is the correction:

brksps(string_all,29)

needs to be:

string_end = brksps(string_all,29)

everything in string all after character #29 will end up in string_end.

HTH

If you figure anything out please let me know and I will do the same. As far as the weird characters that is definately a possability, but the standard tool comment from tools.tl9 had a problem.

Later guys,

It's definatley a 30 character limit, does not seem to matter which 30 characters, though.

I've been poking around my post again, and here is my tool callout/name section. I am tempted to play with it myself, but am swamped with real work.... I've just resorting to the quick and dirty of shortening the tool comments to keep from alarming out. I'd really appreciate the specifics of your mod, Roger.

code:

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

fmt "TOOL - " 4 tnote # Note format

fmt " DIA. OFF. - " 4 toffnote # Note format

fmt " LEN. - " 4 tlngnote # Note format

fmt " DIA. - " 1 tldia # Note format

# Tool Comment / Manual Entry Section

ptoolcomment #Comment for tool

tnote = t

toffnote = tloffno

tlngnote = tlngno

"(", pstrtool, *tnote, *toffnote, *tlngnote, *tldia, ")", e

pstrtool #Comment for tool

if strtool <> sblank,

[

strtool = ucase(strtool)

*strtool, " "

]

pcomment #Comment from manual entry (must call pcomment2 if booleans)

pcomment2

pcomment2 #Comment from manual entry

scomm = ucase (scomm)

if gcode = 1007, "(", scomm, ")"

else, "(", scomm, ")", e

code:

if strtool <> sblank,

[

strtool = ucase(strtool)

*strtool, " "

]

needs to look like this:

code:

if strtool <> sblank,

[

str_temp = brksps(strtool,30)

strtool = ucase(strtool)

*strtool, " "

]

You will need to initialize str_temp in your post or you will receive an error message. strtool will be truncated at 30 characters, the remaining characters will then be placed into str_temp.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...