Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2018 Noob

TERRYH

So for the last couple years we have been using X9 which has a very similar layout to older versions, we never used 2017 and recently our IT dept. installed 2018 on my system to try and figure out an issue I been having with a new system. I played around with 2018 this morning and holy crap I hate the layout every thing is hidden and you have to do twice as much to get to something I used to be able to keep active on my screen. Not using it yet, and I am sure like anything else the more you use it the more you get used to something but really why the major change? I keep my tool manager, level manager and plane manager open on my second screen and I do not see how you can have all 3 open without clicking thru the stupid tabs and only having one open at a time. :rant: not sure I'll like this if we ever make the switch which at some point I guess we'll be forced to. To bad they did not add a function like windows where you could run it in "classic" mode. 

• Like 1

There is also a chook to help help find commands....

It's on the Home tab.....at the end, command finder

It brings up a box, start typing the name of the command you're looking for...click on it, it will take you there

Edited by Guest

Step 1 = create a tab or two that has all of the commands in 1 spot like you had them in X9.

Otherwise you'll be clicking tabs all frickin day long.

I made the transition to the new interface when it came out, and it's STILL not as efficient as X9 was. (For me anyways)

• Like 1