Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hurco 5 Axis programming

Metallic

So i am trying to test out our new post processor and new trunnion machine (Hurco VM10Ui and Mastercam 2018) I am having trouble getting the correct movement. Lets say something simple like 3+2 where you simply rotate A and C -90 and 180 degrees respectively.

I create a new Tplane while using the same WCS and the original datum? I am confused on getting the machine to move the way I want it to!

Any good resources on learning 3+2 and 5 axis? Basically when i go to run my test program it spits out Y out of position bounds errors.

Pics if needed

Thanks

Post up a sample file if you can.  There is a small chance it is you.  Otherwise and more likely, there could be configuration issues with the post, that would have to be handled by the people you bought the post from, they can help you correct your issues and understand how to use the post effectively.

As far as resources for learning 3+2, it's really not any different than regular tool plane machining other than your part and origins can move between tool-plane operations.  It's far easier and really doesn't take any extra effort once you get a hang of it.

http://www.hurco.com/en-us/cnc-machine-tools/our-control/winmax-mill-control/mill-features/pages/5-axis-features.aspx

It looks like Hurco has a way to control the relationship between the centerline of rotation of the trunnion and your part work offset.

If you are not using this feature, you will have to have your WCS be the centerline of the trunnion and have your physical setup match what you have in Mastercam. 

12 minutes ago, huskermcdoogle said:

You need to keep the WCS set to top and only change the tool and comp planes in the ops.

in the tool parameters page (Planes) the WCS is top and tool and comp are set to side op. I have had all planes following gview for convenience but need to change that back now that I am into multiaxis work

From my understanding TCPM is a default feature. My controller is fully equipped with most features. Ill have to get with my service tech tomorrow for some clarification on that matter. Machines, controllers, CAM, posts, its just so many data points to manage sometimes.

The vid says its an M code baked into the CAM/post. Ill get ahold of my reseller as well to see whether that feature is engaged.