Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Turret Stop (Pin Stop) in lathe 4x MT

So I want to add a turret stop to my post like the Pin Stop in Mill which has been discussed here a few times. Can't get the option to appear on the Lathe Drill drop down.

I've tried putting it in the text file in the post AND in the CD.....no show. Am I missing something?

I am using the "if drillcyc$ = 8" option

Do this:

1. Machine Type > Design, File > New. (clears out the Mastercam Database, and loads Mastercam with no Machine.)
  2. Machine Ribbon > Machine Definition > Open > Open your Lathe MD.
  3. Press the "Edit the Control Definition" button.
  4. In the Control Definition Dialog, be sure "Your Post" is loaded in the Post Processor Drop Down menu.
  5. Now, go click on the Bottom Control Topic "Text" in the Tree.
  6. There are 2 pages for everything here. 1 for Mill, and 1 for Lathe. Edit the "Lathe Drill Cycles" Page. Go to "Drill Cycle 9" and enter "Pin Stop" for the Cycle Description. That will enable the cycle, and change the Text String for Lathe Drilling. (Remember, 'drillcyc$' is a zero-based index, so "0", is "drill cycle #1", "1", is "Drill cycle #2", and so on.)
  7. Do the same thing for "Mill Drill Cycles", if you wish to customize the cycles for Milling as well. This is typically for "live tool" cycles.
  8. NOTE: You must make sure that your Post Processor is Closed in your Text Editor. When you Edit the "Text Strings" through the Control Definition Manager, it edits the text at the bottom of your PST file.
  9. After you've edited the Text Strings, save the Control Definition File.
  10. Then, save the Machine Definition File.
  11. Press "Save". If prompted with a Dialog Box, asking you to save "either a Mastercam Database, or a Machine Definition" file, choose Machine Definition, and save the name of your active LMD.
  12. Finally, Machine Type > Design, File > New.
  13. Open your existing Mastercam File, that has your Lathe Machine Definition.
  14. Open Machine Group Properties, then do a "Replace" on the Machine Definition. This will reload your MD, CD, and PST, and those Custom Cycle Text Strings, should now show up in the Drill Cycle Drop Down.
14 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

NOTE: You must make sure that your Post Processor is Closed in your Text Editor. When you Edit the "Text Strings" through the Control Definition Manager, it edits the text at the bottom of your PST file.

Hey Colin,

Bingo. Thanks for the "first thing in the morning LMFAO moment"......Thought I was going completely insane for a minute as I had successfully done this for my Mill posts.......Just had a pile of New Part reviews dumped on me but I should be able to try it out tomorrow, WITHOUT the editor open.....:rofl:

And by the way the corporate wheels ARE grinding in the right direction, we just got a big contract for the 737 MAX which has lit a fire to add some more urgency......I think we can count in weeks now....

Thanks again and best wishes to the wife and family.

57 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

Hey Colin,

Bingo. Thanks for the "first thing in the morning LMFAO moment"......Thought I was going completely insane for a minute as I had successfully done this for my Mill posts.......Just had a pile of New Part reviews dumped on me but I should be able to try it out tomorrow, WITHOUT the editor open.....:rofl:

And by the way the corporate wheels ARE grinding in the right direction, we just got a big contract for the 737 MAX which has lit a fire to add some more urgency......I think we can count in weeks now....

Thanks again and best wishes to the wife and family.

Anytime mate. Good to hear on the corporate front. We'll get your Posts customized to your liking one of these days...